NIC provides Bus Service to various areas . A matron is available in each Bus for the safety of our students .
For more information , Please contact the Transportation department at the school.
School Bus Safety
It is important that your child is aware of how to ride the bus. Please be sure to go over these tips for bus safety with them.
Getting on the bus safely
- Be at the bus stop on time
- Never run to or from the bus
- Wait at the designated stop in a safe place well back from the side of the road
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop
- Hold the handrail as you get on the bus
Riding the bus safely
- Take your seat promptly and sit facing forward at all times
- Do not stick your feet in the aisle
- Keep your head and arms inside the bus
- Don’t throw anything out of the window or around the bus
- Don’t fight, shout or play inside the bus
- Don’t eat or drink while riding the bus
Leaving the bus safely
- Do not push
- Hold the handrail and take two large steps away from the bus
School Bus Responsibilities
The success of our transportation program depends on the cooperation of students, parents, school staff and the companies we work with.
- Be well behaved on the bus by not fighting, shouting or rough-housing on the bus
- Fasten the seat belt
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop
- Keep the bus clean
- Be on time for pick-up
- When disembarking from the bus, students will be cautious and look both ways before crossing the street
- Ensure your child is at the designated bus stop on time
- Maintain open communication with the school about unique characteristics of your child (i.e. behavioral or medical concerns)
- Inform the school if someone else is picking up your child or if your child will not be on the bus on a particular day before dismissal
- Contact your school if you have any concerns about transportation
Students who choose not to abide by the bus rules will be referred to the school counselor and the code of conduct consequences will be applied. Depending on the severity of the behavior, the consequences may be accelerated.